Trannyshack UK - The Photo Book
By James Andrew Yardley

Friday 8 May 2009


D a v i d   S i m s

' T h e   B e a t '



David Sims is another one of my favourite Fashion Photographers, if you haven't guessed from all my blogs so far Fashion Photography is probably my biggest interest. Just like Mario Testino, Nick Knight and Patrick Demarchelier, David Sims sits among my favourite photographers in the Fashion Industry. And what better way to finish my 12 blogs than with one of my favourite campaigns directed and shot by him for the Burberry 'The Beat' Fragrance made in the Summer of London 2007. 


For me David Sims is a brilliant photographer anyway (and I've included some of his other work below) but my favourite work I've ever seen him do was shooting the campaign for Burberry, the idea of 'The Beat' fragrance was to get younger and more youthful people interested in what is usually a very old and gone brand, and he didn't disappoint. He made the campaign fast and edgy with harsh lighting and quick movement, conveying a youthful and updated look to the brand of Burberry, consequently along with the campaign, the model and all the media advertising 'The Beat' was one of the biggest selling Fragrances of 2007, making it a complete success and I think when you look at the shoot and the end results it's very obvious why.



1 comment: